The Gleek Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does it Show?

2 posters

Go down

Does it Show? Empty Does it Show?

Post  Quinn Fabray Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:50 am

Quinn walks into the girls bathroom and wanders over to the mirror,opening her make-up kit. She searches for the right shade of blue to match her blouse. She prepares to apply the shadow to her eyes, pausing mid-air as she catches a glimpse of her rounding stomach in the mirror before her. She lowers the shadow-stick.

I'm pregnant. Does it show?

I'm standing in the girl's bathroom, looking into the mirror. Not unusual, but the stark difference of the image before me is what causes my fixation today.

For what may be the first time since I started here, I'm not wearing my Cheerios uniform.

I'm worried now. I'm so worried about what people are going to start noticing. My Cheerios uniform meant so many things. It meant superiority. It meant prestige. It meant that I was on the top wrung of the highschool ladder, and while this may only be a Lima school in the middle of nowhere- I was still *something*.

My uniform was like a shield as well. No slushy ever landed on me while my Cheerios uniform protected me. The scathing remarks of others were directed at the girl in the uniform, not at me. Coach Sylvester was only chastising the cheerleader, not me.
My parents were only ignoring another nameless cheerleader in the crowd.

They never ignored me....

My cheerios uniform meant Superiority, Prestige. It was a shield, and it promised me both notoriety and anonymity for all the right reasons.

I'm now gazing in a mirror and praying that I can remain as unseen as I did before. That my former notoriety and anonymity aren't because of...

I'm not very confident, and despite all I supposedly have "going for me", I'm just not seeing it. I don't like anything about me anymore.

Does it show?

Her vision begins to blurr as she starts to cry- yet again. Hastily she wipes away the trails of mascara and begins to re-apply. She hiccups and attempts to straighten out her blouse.

Why do I bother trying smooth out my top? nothing was as forgiving of my all-too-revealing bump as my Cheerio outfit, except perhaps pyjamas and despite the fact I'd want nothing more than to wear them in bed sleeping all day, I can't.

My once decent life is now full of can'ts.

She closes her make-up kit and breathes in deeply, exhaling before putting on the air of cool indifference and complete control, that had helped her rule the roost as Captain of the Cheerios.

[b]
Time to get through another day, another roster of classes, another afternoon without Cheerio practice, and another evening at home where my parents barely register more than my face and perfunctory dinner conversation.
I hate my life.

Does it show?.

Quinn closes her make-up kit and sighs, staring into the mirror hoplessly.

Quinn Fabray
Quinn Fabray
Student at McKinley & Glee club member.

Location : Lima. An eternal Lima-bound los...I mean, I'm Queen of this town.

Back to top Go down

Does it Show? Empty Re: Does It Show?

Post  Brittany Pierce Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:31 pm

Brittany had wandered into the girls' bathroom, hoping to stall-text Santana and ask for a quickie makeout session so she could ditch fourth period without feeling lonely when she saw Quinn standing in front of the mirror, looking hopelessly depressed. She wanted to comfort the pregnant girl, but couldn't bear what Santana would do to her if she knew. However, Brittany couldn't bear leaving Quinn and acting like nothing was wrong. After all, they had been friends before. Wait... where they still friends? Brittany didn't know, which was no surprise, seeing as she didn't know a lot, and would ask Santana, but knew she couldn't ask Santana anything when it came to Quinn. Brittany just decided to go for it. "Q, you alright?" she asked the blond as she walked forward and placed a comforting hand on Quinn's shoulder.
Brittany Pierce
Brittany Pierce
Student at McKinley, Glee club member & Cheerleader.

Back to top Go down

Does it Show? Empty Re: Does it Show?

Post  Quinn Fabray Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:24 am

Quinn gasped in surprise and turned around at the gentle touch of Brittany's hand on her shoulder
Brittany...I didn't see you there.

I wonder how long she's been there

I... um, I'm fine.Really.

Her voice quavered slightly on the last word, and she hoped that her eyes weren't filling with tears. Brittany- for all her lack of "brightness" was certainly perceptive about people's emotions at times
Quinn Fabray
Quinn Fabray

Back to top Go down

Does it Show? Empty Re: Is It Showing?

Post  Brittany Pierce Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:15 pm

Even though Brittany didn't understand math or reading or cooking or anything like that, she was particularly sensitive to peoples' emotions and could read them the way a college student could read a 2nd grade level book. So, Brittany knew that Quinn certainly wasn't 'fine' and pulled Quinn into her arms, not caring that her tears were staining Brittany's uniform. It was always washable, and helping Quinn was more important. "Is... it the baby?" Brittany asked.
Brittany Pierce
Brittany Pierce

Back to top Go down

Post  Quinn Fabray Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:13 pm

Quinn went stiff with shock at first, but as soon as Brittany's arms were around her, she relaxed into the embrace and began to sob

I just can't shake this awful feeling that I'm...that I'm just an eternal Lima bound loser!".

She hicupped

"Its not that I didn't knw I was going to be stuck in this town forever...I always knew I'd be here...but now it feels utterly *hopeless*"
Quinn Fabray
Quinn Fabray

Back to top Go down

Post  Brittany Pierce Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:48 am

"Quinn, you're not a Lima Loser," Brittany said firmly, her blue eyes gazing into Quinn's hazel ones. "You're amazing. I mean, look at what you've done in your sixteen years. You ruled the school and made everyone do what you wanted them to do, was a perfect daddy's girl, dated the quarterback, captain of the Cheerios and president of the Celibacy Club... You were the only girl in this whole world who was able to talk back to Sue Sylvester and get away with it! You're even a mother, which is pretty cool. What's wrong with having a cute little baby that you can play with and love on all day?"
Brittany Pierce
Brittany Pierce

Back to top Go down

Post  Quinn Fabray Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:15 pm

"My parents don't even know yet. I'm not ready for all of this, I had so many plans for this year that are all going to waste, now."

Quinn sighed sadly

You couldn't possibly understand how I'm feeling, no one does.
Quinn Fabray
Quinn Fabray

Back to top Go down

Post  Brittany Pierce Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:11 pm

"I know about your parents," Brittany told Quinn. The two girls plus Santana had been best friends since preschool, and she had been around the Fabrays enough times to know that they would flip if they found out about Quinn and her little situation. "Well, I know you're parents aren't very supportive and everything, but when they find out and if they kick you out, you can always come live with me. I mean, my parents had me when they were only 19, I'm sure they'd understand."
Brittany Pierce
Brittany Pierce

Back to top Go down

Post  Quinn Fabray Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:19 pm

Quinn smiled sadly at Brittany.

"I may actually have to take you up on that...I don't know how my Dad will respond, exactly, but I have a feeling it won't be well."

She sniffed and wiped her eyes with a kleenex sitting in her makeup kit

"Thanks for that, Brit, it really did cheer me up. You're a good friend."
Quinn Fabray
Quinn Fabray

Back to top Go down

Post  Brittany Pierce Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:16 am

"You're welcome," Brittany replied, smiling at Quinn's reflection in the mirror. "Remember freshman year when I fell off the top of the cheerleading pyramid?" she asked.
Brittany Pierce
Brittany Pierce

Back to top Go down

Post  Quinn Fabray Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:07 pm

Oh my gosh, yes! And Coach Sylvester knocked the rest of the pyramid down because she said if one falls, we may as well all fall, because we all had to share "the taste of failure" and become familiar with it.

Quinn giggled

But she's always been a little weird.
Quinn Fabray
Quinn Fabray

Back to top Go down

Post  Brittany Pierce Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:45 am

"It was hilarious," Brittany giggled, reaching behind her to tighten up her ponytail. "But the reason I asked was because... do you remember how I broke my leg and you stayed by me the whole time in the hospital, never listening when Coach Sylvester threatened to throw you off if you didn't get your ass back to the top of the pyramid right this minute?"
Brittany Pierce
Brittany Pierce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum